Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Wrap up and 2012 Stuff

Where did that year go? Seems the older you get the faster time goes by. But I did make a pretty epic new years resolution list:

New years goals: 

1. Kiss a married woman

2. Use the phrase "say whaaaaa?" more

3. Nuzzle more

4. Have lunch with the Barefoot Contessa 

5. Milk something 

6. Join a fancy country club

If I can get half of those knocked out 2012 will be a pretty sweet year. I will be sorely displeased if the world ends before I can knock them all off.

Back to movies, there are a few I did not get around to writing full reviews for so to give a very quick rundown:

The Adventures of Tintin: A fun film that plays like Indians Jones for small kids, I enjoyed it enough to recommend it. 3/4 Stars

War Horse: For what it was trying to be it worked well, the problem it was trying really hard to milk all the emotion out of you, easy pass if you are on the fence about seeing it. 2/4 Stars

Hugo: This is tricky, I feel that I should have enjoyed it much more than I did. Don’t let the ads fool you this is by no means a children’s film, it more closely resembles an art film. That said, I did not find it succeeded very well telling a story, I know I’m in the minority here but I’m sticking to my opinion. 1/4 Stars.

And that’s it for 2011. I saw more films in December than I care to admit…I’m not going to do a best of list because I don’t like ranking the best films. I might do an Oscar post around awards time though, and scoff at the Golden Globes.

Onto the new year. I’m looking forward to Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close; it seems to be fiercely diving critics so I look forward to seeing what the fuss is about. After that I have huge doubts about The Hunger Games and The Avengers, both are two movies I see going either way. Lionsgate seems to have put the Twilight sticker on Games and Marvel has settled into mediocrity with its films. So its either going to be a huge success or a harsh wake up call for either of them.

Have a catchy tune to start your 2012 off right.

No comments:

Post a Comment